Tuesday

Rema reveals how his father’s death affected him


CC™ Afrobeats 

By Rachel Okporu Fadoju

Nigerian singer, Divine Ikubor, popularly known as Rema, has revealed that losing his dad at an early age, shaped his mindset and personality. 

Naija News reports that the ‘Calm Down’ crooner made this known while appearing on the Afrobeats podcast hosted by Shopsydoo.

According to the singer, he didn’t take life seriously until his father’s death, compelling him to realise the importance of family.

He said, “It [losing my dad] shaped me, to be honest. It shaped my mindset, my mood, you know.

“There was a point in time I was very colourful, I would say. I was funny, running around and unserious. I never took life seriously until when I lost my dad. And it just shows different sides of people. It just shows the importance of family as well.

“Yeah, as siblings we might have our fights and quarrels but you never know when you will just not see them again; the people you are closest to.

“For my dad, my dad used to call me a soldier”

In related news, Rema, recently walked out of his musical concert in Atlanta, United States.

The artiste refused to perform due to the venue’s terrible condition.

In a disappointing turn of events, the singer was captured in a video saying the concert would not go on, citing safety concerns and ‘disrespect’ for the fans and Afrobeats.

NAIJA NEWS

Monday

Super Falcons advance to 2023 Women's World Cup knock-out stage after draw with Ireland

FIFA.COM

CC™ Sports News

Nigeria’s Super Falcons are through to the round of 16 of the ongoing FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand after playing out to a goalless draw against Ireland on Monday.

The result meant Africa’s most successful national team of all-time finished the group stage unbeaten for the first time ever.

The Super Falcons had held Canada to a goalless draw in their first game before edging Australia 3-2.

It is the third time that the Super Falcons – an ever present at the FIFA Women’s World Cup since its inception in 1991 – will be advancing to the knockout rounds of the Women’s World Cup.

The only other times that Nigeria progressed to the knockout rounds were in 1999 and 2003.

But they will be heading into the round of 16 as Group B’s second-placed team after Australia, who lost to the Super Falcons last Thursday, thrashed Canada 4-0 on Monday.

The Aussies had earlier beaten Ireland 1-0 before losing to the Super Falcons.

Saturday

Why men go for married or engaged women – Moyo Lawal


CC™ Entertainment News 

By Staff

The age-long mystery behind why men would rather go for married or engaged females, instead of the single and free ones, may have been finally unraveled by Nollywood actress and model, Moyo Lawal.

In a recent Instagram post, the beautiful actress, while sharing a post, followed it up with how she understood the post she shared.

“My male friend told me he’d rather go for a girl in a relationship because he’d only be up against one other boy. But if she was single, he’d be up against 20! Scary” said the shared quote.

“Lool. Now we know why men prefer married or engaged females..you people are just mad… True.” Moyo fumes.

Friday

Israel Adesanya angry with White South African UFC star for halting their bout


CC™ UFC NEWS

By Jide Adegoke

Nigerian-New Zealand UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya was left angry as he had to wait a bit longer for his match against Dricus du Plessis.

Du Plessis, a 29-year-old mixed martial artist from South Africa, had to withdraw from the bout initially scheduled to take place in Australia, due to a foot ailment.

The stage appeared to be set for an intriguing middleweight title fight at Sydney’s UFC 293 on September 10 after Du Plessis’ dramatic first-round victory over Robert Whittaker in their unofficial number-one contender matchup at UFC 290 earlier on July 9.

The anticipation for the forthcoming fight had heightened even before Adesanya entered the Octagon to meet his new opponent in a racially tinged battle.

The relationship between the two competitors had been strained as a result of Du Plessis’ assertions that he was the “real African” in the UFC, which infuriated the Nigerian-born competitor whose family had emigrated to New Zealand when he was a little child.

Adesanya tweeted, “I don’t even know how to start this, but Dricus DuP*ssy, you f**king b*tch.

“Your foot’s sore? My knee was jacked for my last fight. Guess what I did? I showed up because that’s what a f**king champion does. Championship caliber, built differently.”

Although Adesanya vs. Du Plessis has not yet been officially announced by the UFC, it was widely assumed that the fight would serve as the main event for the company’s first Australasian event since 2020.

Du Plessis withdrew from the title fight following Adesanya’s social media outburst on Thursday, which revealed the unfortunate news of the South African’s ailment.

After Du Plessis withdrew from the bout, Adesanya immediately asked for a replacement and issued a challenge to sixth-ranked Sean Strickland to accept the fight.

Thursday

I AM GOING TO WIN

CC™ VideoScope